Canadean Ingredients Research Methodology
All intelligence center components are rigorously sourced and compiled according to a comprehensive written methodology.
Company Data & Profiles
- Company information is derived from company annual reports, statements and websites, news releases, external news sources and information providers.
- Analytical company content is created by Canadean’s in-house analyst team based on published information, industry data and our industry expertise.
- Our project profiles, deal reports and news teams also feed directly into the company profile update process ensuring all relevant information is fully captured.
- Our deal reports database is derived from secondary sources including company annual reports, statements and websites, news releases, external news sources and information providers.
- Our companies and news teams also feed directly into the deal report process ensuring all relevant information is fully captured.
- Canadean’s team of journalists captures all the latest news via primary interviews with industry contacts, plus secondary sources including company annual reports, statements and websites, news releases and external news sources.
- Our companies, projects and deals teams also feed directly into the news reporting process ensuring all relevant information is fully captured.
Market DataCore data is provided by a unique integration of an international program of online consumer surveys with traditional industry research into market sizing. This provides hard and fast data on who the key consumers are, what they are worth, which trends drive their behaviors and the values of these trends – all at the product category level.
1. Creation of Unifying Frameworks:
- Standardized definitions across all data parameters
- Creation of a defined Consumer Trends framework
- Output specifications to ensure integration of results
2. Consumer surveys to deliver deep insight into consumer behaviors and trends:
- Large scale, international, online consumers survey program
- Strict quotas ensure nationally representative results by Age & Gender
- Statistical weighting to national population profiles further improves results
3. Independent industry research:
- Independent desk research and industry interviews to validate market sizes
- Provides both inputs into data modelling and market sizing cross-checks
4. Integration of Consumer & Industry Research - Data Management and Modelling
- SQL-controlled data management
- Bottom up data modelling and creation using survey results and input benchmarks
- Top-down market sizing cross-checks against independently industry research
- Data modelling iterations ensure final market sizes fully aligned with industry research
5. SQL-based Data Analysis & Reporting
- Custom SQL engine processes and models all data inputs to provide final numbers
- Reporting services used to control data creation and outputs
- Outputs provided in both reports and in powerful data access tools